The New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom is now open. There are 2 new themed areas:
- Enchanted Forest
- Storybook Circus
In the Enchanted Forest, you can meet some of your favourite Disney Characters for the films The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Discover roaring waterfalls and royal castles as you go through the Forest on the way to the Enchanted Forest attractions and experiences including:
- Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid: (similar to The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot) you enter Prince Eric’s castle and board a giant clamshell to rock out on this new musical attraction
- Be Our Guest Restaurant: offering 3 amazing dining rooms in the middle of Beast’s Castle to choose from
- Enchanted Tales with Belle: Belle and Lumière share their stories
- Ariel’s Grotto: a legacy from Fantasyland, here you can visit Ariel, take photos and get autographs
The Storybook Circus is inspired by the Disney film Dumbo. It takes you to a different age when big top tents attracted huge audiences with their amazing animals, stunts and entertainment. There are rides and attractions:
- The Barnstormer: a child friendly rollercoaster modelled on a Goofy themed stunt plane adventure
- Dumbo The Flying Elephant: there is not one but two Dumbo rides now – side by side – so less queuing but same popular ride.
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station: This is a circus-themed water play area where visitors can enjoy cooling refreshment – conveniently located near restrooms and the station
- Fantasyland Station: The newest station on the Railway
I am told that there will be more attractions opening in 2013 including a Princess Fairytale Hall where you will be able to meet the Disney princesses and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – a new exciting ride.